Marine HVAC Engineer
· Reports to: Systems Department Manager.
· Supervision of: n/a.
· Liaises internally with: Other Engineering departments, Procurement dept., Operations dept., Offshore Contracting Group for installation activities.
· Liaises externally with: Consultants, suppliers and clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS:
· To design efficient HVAC systems of the Company product which can be operated safely and economically in accordance with :
o GEMS (Global Entreprise Management Systems Procedures).
o Relevant applicable codes and standards and/or Group Technical Standards.
· To produce, organize and coordinate the production of Marine HVAC System deliverables (System calculation reports, thermal analysis, Flow analysis, PFDs, P&IDs, Specifications, CFD analysis, noise and vibrations analysis, etc.).
· To supervise temporary staff, less experienced staff or trainee or Subcontractor work when required.
· To keep up to date with discipline know-how by :
o Keeping abreast of relevant developments in HVAC Engineering with respect to the offshore industry.
o Seeking for relevant training courses subject to Direct Manager approval.
· Contribute to Discipline development by :
o Participating in improvement and maintenance of the relevant Tools for efficient performance in close relationship with or when required by MC HVAC Technical Expert (hardware, software and working methods).
o Investigating and reporting on HVAC system failures or underperformance on Company’s products.
o Maintaining a cooperative working relationship within the engineering team members.
· To analyze, determine and specify the HVAC Engineering requirements and considerations applicable to the Company’s products and proposals and advise on appropriate equipment.
· To design, and review designs of Marine HVAC Systems of the Company’s products in compliance with Group Technical Standards.
· To identify and write specifications for the Marine HVAC Systems aspects applicable to the Company’s products.
· To perform design sizing calculations of Marine HVAC Systems components and use the appropriate software for analyses, calculations and design aids.
· To recommend and follow all quality assurance and safety factors / requirements applicable to the design of Marine HVAC Systems.
· To monitor and review internal drawings, specifications and standard documentation on Marine HVAC Systems designs and related matters.
· To ensure that project documents on Marine HVAC activities are accurate, checked and issued in a timely and efficient manner.
· To participate in Safety studies (Hazid, Hazop, etc.) and follow up.
· To perform Marine HVAC System engineering in conformance with all applicable and relevant legislation, standards and codes.
· To identify and contribute to other deliverables applicable to the Company’s products when HVAC input is required.
· To liaise with the DLE or EPM to plan issuance of relevant engineering deliverables in line with project planning and budget expectations.
· To provide technical follow up and support on Marine HVAC matters to during procurement, fabrication, installation, start-up and operation (Package Engineering).
· To liaise with Classification Societies and other regulatory bodies involved with the safety, integrity and legality of the design deliverables.
· To attend training courses, seminars, supplier presentations etc. when required.
· To attend periodic discipline meeting.
· To perform presentation at discipline meeting when required by direct manager.
· To participate to Discipline Tools / procedures development when required.
· To Contribute to HAZOP and SIL reviews meetings and documentations.
|Education: University degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Marine Engineering, Energy and Environmental, HVAC).
Experience: A minimum of 4 years in a relevant Engineering discipline including 2 years in the O&G Industry.
· Fluent in English (written and oral).
· Manages ambiguity.
· Decision quality.
· Drives results.
· Plans and aligns.