Pilot (FPSO / Tanker)
• Coordinate tanker movements on site and the transfer operations of hydrocarbons to or from the FPSO
and to or from the export tanker or vessel (Pilot, Berthing Master & tanker Loading Master).
• Deputise for the Marine Superintendent when required
Scope of work
• Organises arrival/departure procedures for export tankers,
• Pilot the export tanker to/from mooring point (loading buoy or tandem position),
• During an emergency, manage to secure the off–load tanker and/or coordinate disconnection operations
• Assists and provide marine advice during approac and mooring of a export tanker.
• Inspect the export tanker, complete the HSE and Security check lists,
• Inspect site support vessels,
• Allow or refuse berthing operations,
• Supervise tanker de–ballasting,
• Apply valid HSE rules, international and National regulations codes and standards,
• Ensure communication between tanker and FPSO is maintained during loading operation,
• Check volume calculations for exported batch,
• Supervise the 1st Level corrective and preventive maintenance plan for all equipment associated with
marine and logistic operations including Mooring equipment and tools, work boat, SBM equipments,
• Responsible for spare part management of equipment associated with his duties.
• Advisor to the COMPANY for the completion of cargo documents (BL, LOP, etc…)
• To ensure that an effective implementation of HSE system is applied, as appropriate at site.
• To take time for checking safety documents and permits at site.
• To ensure that risk assessment prior to start new activity is properly conducted and understood by personnel involved.
• To make himself visible at site and available/approachable for discussion about HSE concerns.
• To demonstrate evidence of his relationship to safety with clear communication on site about commitment to safety.
• To continuously assess safety behaviour of personnel and intervene with a pro–active approach explaining and coaching.
• To take every opportunity at site to communicate with workforce about safety, listening on difficulties, sharing his own experience and proposing applicable solutions.
• To be involved in incident investigation and follow–up actions implementation.
|• Master STCW 95 Class 1 Certificate (Deck) with tanker advance training.
• Bridge Resources Management certificate or equivalent
• Provide evidence of work on oil tanker VLCCs, FSO or FPSO out of which
• 3 years as master or chief officer or harbour pilot and
• Preferably experience from tandem and buoy approaches and 2 years as pilot
• Provide evidence of holding individual positions or for more than one year continuously or having been employed by the same company continuously for more than five years BOSIET Certificate
• Fluent in English, both read and write.