Senior Telecommunications Engineer
· Reports to : Equipment Discipline Manager.
· Supervision of : Designers, Subcontractors.
· Liaises with : lnternally with Engineering Disciplines, Group companies. Externally with Clients, Consultants, Classification Societies Suppliers and Sub-contractors as appropriate
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS:
· Preparation of specifications, narratives, reports, calculations, diagrams, selection of equipment suppliers, review of vendor documentation, liaison with other disciplines and suppliers on packages.
· To guide and supply the relevant technical information to the Telecom’s Designers for generation of project drawings and schedules.
· To check specifications, narratives and drawings to company’s internal work instructions and compliance to project specific specifications, including all relevant international and classification standards.
· To provide input to project safety, control and construction reviews as required by project requirements.
· ldentify changes in scope for allocated engineering packages, from internal and external sources and highlight to Discipline Lead Engineer for generation of MOC’s. Give input to other discipline MOCs as and when required.
· To examine and find solutions for complex single and multi-discipline Telecom’s engineering challenges.
· To report progress on allocated packages and documentation, provide look ahead details and to identify technical and schedule concerns to the Discipline Lead Engineer.
· To respond to client and classification queries on allocated package documentation.
· To attend engineering FAT’s as the Company’s technical authority and ensure all testing is completed as per Company standards, procedures and all relevant technical documentation.
· To carry-out technical bid evaluations in line with project and internal discipline requirements.
· To attend kick of meetings with successful suppliers to ensure all requirements, technical, procedural and schedule are understood.
· Assist site and commissioning teams for the construction and integration of Telecom’s systems as and when requested by site project personnel and by the engineering project management.
· Provide input for the discipline and project lessons learnt database.
|· University degree in a relevant discipline.
· At least 7 years’ experience in the offshore engineering industry, with broad knowledge of various product types.
· Communication skills.
· Software – Pathloss.
· Fluent English.